Contact us using the Contact Us tab and by filling out the form.
How do I join Rotary?
- Visit the neighborhood Rotary meeting. Oceanside Rotary meets two Tuesday mornings each month at ABBQ in Atlantic Beach. Visit their website to find the next meeting date: https://www.oceansidejaxrotary.org/
- Find a sponsor. You must be sponsored to join a Rotary Club. If you do not know a member, ask to meet a member of the membership committee, they will assign a sponsor to you. You will need to meet in person with your sponsor to get to know them and for them to get to know you. They will be vouching for your character and ensure you are a good fit for the club.
- Ask questions. Your sponsor and members of the membership committee will be able to answer questions such as financial responsibilities, attendance requirements, and general Rotary questions.
- Let your sponsor or membership committee member know the date that you will attend future meetings.
- If your sponsor asks you to complete a membership application, complete it! Your application will be reviewed by the Oceanside Board of Directors (BOD). If all approve, you will meet with your sponsor and the membership committee for a “fireside chat.” Here, you will have the opportunity to ask more questions and find out more about the club and Rotary. Financial obligations will be discussed as well.
- If you choose to move forward with membership your application will be forwarded to the member body for approval. With no objections from the membership, you will be notified by a member of the membership committee of your approval to join and an induction date will be set at a future meeting date that is convenient for you and your sponsor.
What are the responsibilities of a Sponsor?
- Notify a member of the membership committee of your intent to sponsor a new member. Failure to do so may result in another member assigned to sponsor a potential applicant.
- In cases where you do not know a potential member well, arrange an in-person meeting with them to get to know them. Meet / talk as often as needed to be able to vouch for their good character, ensure they will be a good fit for the club, and beneficial to the well-being of the membership.
- Answer all questions; should you be unfamiliar with the question, reach out to a member of the membership committee for help.
- Inform the club Secretary that a potential member will be attending a meeting. Be sure to introduce the potential member to a member of the membership committee.
- If you are certain the potential member is of good character and will be a good fit for the club, ask the membership committee for a membership application and a new member packet; forward both to the potential member.
- Submit the completed application to the membership committee and keep the member candidate informed of the developments.
- Upon Oceanside BOD approval of the member application, meet with the candidate and the membership committee for the “fireside chat.”
- Attend the club meeting for the new member induction.
- Continue to support the new member, introduce them to other members, invite them to events and support their efforts to join a committee.